|If you decide to create a border of your favorite photos, make sure that you go to View and turn on the Gridlines to line up the photos. Click here to get this ready to personalize PowerPoint and follow the instructions below to create your desktop.|
|Choose a color for your background|
and add shapes with no fill.
|This was easily made by using shapes and text boxes.|
|These apple themed backgrounds were free, along|
with many other backgrounds, at
Microsoft.com - just add category labels.
|Use favorite photos.|
- add a background to a PowerPoint slide - make sure that you are using the landscape orientation.
- Note that if this is going on a large screen (not a laptop), in PowerPoint, go to the Design tab and go to Page Setup. Under Slides sized for choose Ledger Paper.
- choose category labels
- select the font, font size, and font color
- save the PowerPoint as a JPEG File Interchange Format
- go to Control Panel
- under Appearance and Personalization choose Change Desktop Background
- find your saved background picture
- select Stretch under Picture Position
- save your changes and start organizing your desktop!